DIVISION I

Offensive Player of the Week

Izzy Scane – Northwestern University

In No. 1 Northwestern’s NCAA Quarterfinal matchup against No. 9 Loyola Maryland, Scane registered seven goals and three assists for 10 points. She added two caused turnovers to her stat line as well. Scane’s 10 points currently stands as the most points scored in an NCAA Tournament game this season. She ranks in the Top 10 for points ever in an NCAA Tournament game and is second in the nation in total goals with 89 and first overall in goals per game (4.94). Currently, Scane has the second-most goals scored in program history in a single season, trailing herself in 2021. This is Scane’s fourth IWLCA Player of the Week honor this season. Northwestern faces the No. 5 seeded University of Denver in this Friday’s Semifinals of the NCAA Division I Championship.

Defensive Player of the Week

Gracie DeRose – University of Denver

DeRose helped No. 5 Denver defeat No. 4 University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill in the NCAA Quarterfinal round, 5-4. She recorded five ground balls, one draw control and three caused turnovers in the matchup. One of her key caused turnovers came in the fourth quarter during a UNC possession. Her defensive efforts helped hold UNC scoreless in the final two quarters, leading the Tar Heels to their lowest output all year. The undefeated Pioneers will take on No. 1 Northwestern this Friday for the NCAA Division I Semifinals in Cary, North Carolina.