Originally Posted by Anonymous
The majority of attacks posted on BOTC stem from animosity of some sort. Whether directed at an individual player or a particular college program it is in most cases personal to the originator. Some parents, just can not accept when a player from their area i.e. "Long Island", or their Club, HS or College Program program are recognized as being stronger than their daughter or their daughters "Team" (College, Club or HS).

I don't recall many, if any, topics being started by chest pounders supporting and bragging about individual players or programs. I have seen many posts responding to attacks on individual players and programs.

The bottom line is that there are parents out there who try to knock players, programs, schools etc... in an effort to elevate their daughter, their daughters program, their daughters school etc...

Nonsense. The majority of attacks stem from its an anonymous site. Put your name and where your daughter plays on your posts and you won’t have none of it. Come on. A post saying Stanford shouldn’t be ranked had people on both sides coming out with pitchforks. That wasn’t a post of jealousy or animonsity. That was factual.

There you go again with Stanford, what is the obsession? The post you are responding to did not mention Stanford. People come on this site and anonymously go on the attack and the majority of the time it is done because some parents can not take it when others receive more attention than their daughter.

As for Stanford, they are a very good program. Below is cut & paste from another post.

" Please tell us which programs in your opinion does Stanford get more recognition than. We all know the usual suspects that finish the year ranked in the Top 20 most years:

Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Stony Brook
Princeton
Florida
Virginia
Penn
James Madison
Notre Dame
Loyola
Denver
USC
Duke
Hopkins

Besides the above, what programs is Stanford "overrated" above? Nobody said Stanford is a Top 5 or Top 10 or even Top 15 Program. "

Stanford is on par with Duke, Hopkins, Penn, Princeton,Yale, USC. Stanford did not have a good year, but didn’t they beat Albany who beat Virginia? Why all the scrutiny and over analyzing? Seems like someone’s daughter wasn’t recruited there and can’t let it go. Very strange