Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here’s a shout out to all of the LI Ladies (that do not play for your favorite top teams because they actually wanted to play and not ride the bench), who had tremendous seasons in their conferences!!

There are many reasons athletes don’t choose top lacrosse programs. Kudos to them for making a difference in their programs, having a great academic, lacrosse and social balance.

So true. That’s what it’s about. I tell my daughter you’re nuts wanting to go to a top 15 team and not play. Go top 25-50, school you love and where you are going to play from year one.
She didn’t listen. But she still enjoys it.

To each her own.

I will choose to give a shout out to all the players who have the courage to challenge themselves, to the players who believe in themselves and their ability. I will shout out to the players who want to compete against the best, to the players that know that the reward comes from the daily effort, grind and process.

I will shout out to all who are willing to lay it all on the line each and every day even if they do not see the field on game day. I give my shout out to all who face adversity and never quit, to the ones who support their teammates and work hard each day in practice to help prepare the team for the game. I will give my shout out to all who play for the women next to them, to the players who believe in being part of something larger than themselves.

I will leave you with the following quote to meditate on:

"I judge you unfortunate because you have never lived through misfortune. You have passed through life without an opponent - no one can know what you are capable of, not even you."

- Seneca