Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
US lacrosse has to really think about having many re education classes. I know the Yale cross check incident is going to start to bring this situation to a much talked about topic

Being a referee isn’t easy and will never be perfect.

I think we all know there are judgement calls that are tough and happen quick. Let them be the exception.

-toeing the line in 8M and on the draw are easy stopped ball calls. If you can’t see a persons foot on the line you shouldn’t be reffing anyway. Call it and it will stop..it should be a point of emphasis

-on the draw opening your head, or pulling your shaft back off not vertical parallel from center linen or having foot on center line-again your 5 feet from the play you need to call it

-LASTLY-if the refs start call cradling in the sphere. YES this is rule. If you cradle 6 inches from your face and a player can check it legally it is an immediate call and turnover. Have you seen it once??? Watch games. It is done none stop…you would be amazed if called how many clean turnovers would happen by defenders, attackers and draw takers. How about free positions. They bring it right to their face. This is a rule.

These are little things that are easy calls that are missed all game. Oh forget Flopping or grabbing your head-review all of these to stop this.

So we all know that SB promotes thug ball, as do certain club teams. Now a girl has a critical injury due to an intention to harm. This is unacceptable. I don’t want to hear that it was an accident. When you cross check it is intentional. Girls do not wear protective gear, and women’s lacrosse is supposed to be non contact. This needs to end before something even worse happens. Come on refs, you need to enforce this type of play. Just horrible

The girl who did it should be sued personally. Maybe that will send a message. Should also be an automatic red card and banned from playing in next game.