DIVISION I

Offensive Player of the Week

Madison Ahern – University of Notre Dame

Ahern led the team with 11 points over a two-game stretch as the No. 12 Irish posted a 2-0 record on the week. She scored five goals and added an assist in the 21-7 win over Brown University. She followed up with five goals against the No. 3 Tar Heels, leading the Irish to a 16-12 victory over the reigning NCAA Division I Champions. Ahern currently sits two points shy of 200 career points with the Irish and averages 3.00 goals per game (4.00 ppg). Notre Dame jumped four spots to sit in the No. 8 position in the latest ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll.

Defensive Player of the Week

Emily Sterling – University of Maryland

Sterling was terrific in goal to lead No. 10 Maryland to a pair of top-20 wins, defeating No. 17 Princeton University and No. 15 University of Michigan. She combined for 27 saves to only 18 goals allowed on the week, a .600 save percentage. Her 15 saves against the Tigers tie her season-high and is recorded as the second-best mark of her career. This benchmark is also the best by a Big Ten goalie this season. Sterling now leads the Big Ten with a .498 save percentage.