Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sorry but I still dont see what you are describing, did you watch the video? Looks like she makes contact about the time the ball is released and its not in the back . I see a loose ball and player picking it up and shooting and a defender being moving as fast as they can to disrupt the shot . To say the defender was giving a cheap shot because she got beat is ridiculous . Yes its a foul but not even sure it deserves a yellow card. Hopefully the kid makes a full recovery but to go after the defender the way some are is just pathetic.I think if the defender were your daughter you would feel differently.
I'm the last person to defend SB because I always think they are super overrated, but I digress... But agree with the above. I watched the video and had the girl not been hurt, no one would have thought twice about the contact. Granted I'm watching one angle from a video clip, but it doesn't look malicious at all. Very unfortunate result, and SB probably could address and send some sympathy to Yale and the player, but other than that, it doesn't appear to be egregious.