Originally Posted by Anonymous
At the end of the day, the majority of selection is always going to be political. You know before the tryouts even begin, who is going to make it. Honestly, I'm curious to see if names get added to the roster before the Fall...I'm sure some emails went out with complaints - happens under all the "best of the best" tryouts.

"the majority of selection is always going to be political"

Must be tough going through life with that attitude.
Not an attitude at all, just being honest.

So, "the majority" of the selections will always be political? Sorry, but that is an "attitude". It is not truth or fact. It might be your opinion but it stems from your attitude that these selections will always be political.

Maybe, just maybe the coach thinks the players that she selected will form the best team. After all, it is the coaches opinion that matters not yours.

The truth is that any of those girls at the tryout would blow out the weak “international” competition, which is actually made up of other American girls. The fact that coach took 7/9 of her own girls, some of which had terrible tryout tells us all we need to know. Of course those are the best girls in her opinion. Gotta feel sorry for the two she didn’t take. And some, not all, of those ‘24s were head scratchers and certainly political picks. It’s a political process. But so are many things in life and the lax world. Let’s just recognize it for what it is.

How do you know they had a terrible try out? I really hope there were not parents watching try outs for three days and all the sessions. If you did please release your daughter to the game. Even if you were from out of town go see the sites. No reason ANY parent should have been there watching.