Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm sick of the complaining about transfers and using the term ring chasers as an insult. These girls are jumping up to better/higher ranked teams. If they can compete at a higher level/team, then I applaud them for betting on themself! Leaving close friends and going into a new situation is extremely difficult takes guts. These girls were probably "under recruited", worked harder than most to continue to improve or just wanted to get on the field freshman or sophomore year.
I commend any girl going to a top tier lacrosse program, but the goal is a national championship. The coach is always looking to improve the team and that is her job! That is known going into any division 1 program, especially the top tier. Having to earn your playing time never ends for the entire 4 years.

Rathigan for Northwesterm should be praised for being overlooked during recruiting and earning herself a ring!. How are coaches supposed to be perfect projecting how good a 15 year old will be in college, plenty of mistakes are made. A girl that continues to work and be a terrific 19 year old that can play at the highest level should not be held down.

The thing is, they were not ‘held down’ , they contributed positively to the good teams they were on, and most importantly were team leaders and starters. Going somewhere else as a grad student, especially an Ivy grad since they can’t play at their school anymore is fine, for the others it shows a lack of character. Why do you think they were under recruited? So you’re putting other schools down now? There are many reasons why girls pick schools, and I detest to break it to you, but lacrosse isn’t everyone’s #1 priority. Honor your commitment and stop searching for the next best thing, which in many cases is not.