Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lmao. People are funny. Isn’t all message boards about opinions? That’s how this conversation started. Someone stated they were overrated. Some other guy got upset and took it personal and said they weren’t. Then it spidered off into different areas about what school is better, etc. In my opinion they are overrated as a top 20 program. I don’t think they are top 20. Sorry to upset you with that outlandish take.

Pretty sure there is a saying about opinions.

There are actual results and some facts as well.

In recent years Stanford has an average "final ranking" which is based on their performance of 18 or so.

Please tell us which programs in your opinion does Stanford get more recognition than. We all know the usual suspects that finish the year ranked in the Top 20 most years:

Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Stony Brook
Princeton
Florida
Virginia
Penn
James Madison
Notre Dame
Loyola
Denver
USC
Duke
Hopkins

Besides the above, what programs is Stanford "overrated" above? Nobody said Stanford is a Top 5 or Top 10 or even Top 15 Program.

Hmm. This was about the ranking system. Nobody had Stanford as a top 15 program. We’ll except one of the two organizations that does the rankings. Inside Lacrosse had them at 15 which started this whole topic. I could care less about recent years. The conversation was about this year. This year they are overrated. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.