Originally Posted by Anonymous
All this back and forth is entertaining. End of the day, lacrosse ends after college. The AU “professional” league is a joke and will soon fold. Nobody cares and why would you want to share a room for weeks for barely any money when you could have a real job. I know we all love lacrosse, but c’mon, use it to go to the best possible school and get a great job. The smartest girls use lacrosse for this purpose. Selling your soul to these top 5 lacrosse programs where the coach could basically care less about you 90% of the time when you could have gotten a much better degree elsewhere is just silly. They are using you! Be smart and use them to get into a school you would never had a chance to attend. This opens doors. Those girls are the real winners!

Why bring up "The AU Professional League"? Do you actually believe that playing in that league is the goal for most young female lacrosse players? Full disclosure, I do not know much about the pro league but I do not think most young players are thinking about it when they are deciding where to attend college. How many players are actually in the league? No many, I suspect. I am going to guess that there are less than 100 players competing and that the majority of those players are currently coaching / teaching at the college level or HS level, are attending graduate school, or are still not sure of the career path they would like to pursue.