[quote=Anonymous]I'm sick of the complaining about transfers and using the term ring chasers as an insult. These girls are jumping up to better/higher ranked teams. If they can compete at a higher level/team, then I applaud them for betting on themself! Leaving close friends and going into a new situation is extremely difficult takes guts. These girls were probably "under recruited", worked harder than most to continue to improve or just wanted to get on the field freshman or sophomore year.
I commend any girl going to a top tier lacrosse program, but the goal is a national championship. The coach is always looking to improve the team and that is her job! That is known going into any division 1 program, especially the top tier. Having to earn your playing time never ends for the entire 4 years.

Rathigan for Northwesterm should be praised for being overlooked during recruiting and earning herself a ring!. How are coaches supposed to be perfect projecting how good a 15 year old will be in college, plenty of mistakes are made. A girl that continues to work and be a terrific 19 year old that can play at the highest level should not be held down.[/quote

Ridiculous , so they used some lesser program to "get on the field freshman or sophomore year" . In other words they used a program , took playing time from kids who wanted to be at the program , most likely deceived the coach of said program if their intent was to transfer out after getting some experience, but that should be praised.
" under recruited" when talking about the BC transfers is just ignorant of the facts.
I guess sticking to ones commitment when the going gets difficult is not admiral anymore. I honestly get transferring for a multitude of reasons but winning a championship being the only reason is lame, if you believe in your abilities that much then make the team you are on better .Joining a team that will win without you and winning will be less rewarding than winning with a team that needs you and who you have already been thru the lows with.