Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is interesting to point out, and always ignored in this argument, is that the kids that are marginalized due to holdbacks as youth players, (the other 50%), and are good, find their way onto the field in high school and college. The best players play regardless of age. Life isn't fair. In youth lacrosse, the unfairness of age happens earlier. But the best players play, the kids that love the sport for the sport don't care, and all is fine. Its the parents that get bent out of shape because they have to spend time parenting and raising their children with conversations about life that are unpleasant and difficult. That is life. The real world. Yes, even for a second grader. Try this: "Son you don't have to play if you don't want to, I still love you. If you enjoy playing, their is always a team to play on. I will help you."

You got to be kidding me. Teaching life lessons in second grade ? That seven/eight year should just man up. I have heard a lot of silly things, but that has to be one of the silliest arguments and excuse for dealing with select kids taking advantage of a broken youth lacrosse system.

Wait. You guys get your kids involved in the craziness in 2nd grade?