Originally Posted by Anonymous
The only point of the age argument is for public school parents to marginalize private school families in their own minds. Nothing more, nothing less. Obviously private systems have evolved at a greater rate than public systems, so the only way to make themselves feel better is to bully and criticize. There's plenty to criticize about the public system, but I don't typically see parents on here going out of their way to point out the negatives of public school education. Maybe they should, plenty of material.

This might be the single dumbest post on the site, and that says a lot. No one, and I mean no one, is looking to "marginalize" private school families. My kids go to public school. I don't care if every kid on their travel team goes to private school. I don't care if every opponent at every tournament goes to private school. All I care about is having the kids play vs kids their own age.

I also don't care what grade my kids teammates are, and I don't care what grade their opponents are in. Indeed, I don't even care if they go to school at all.

There are a s---t ton of private school kids playing hockey. They all play on age, and there are no issues with this whatsoever.