Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am sure this is all true. But a key question is, is he going to a better college than he otherwise would have? For me, who is fully expecting to pay full freight for my non sports playing other child, or full ride if my son can go Ivy or top DIII, that is a big reason to play beyond the love of the game, friendships, etc...

From "Just for your info.." I agree that lax might be able to get your children into better schools than they otherwise would be able to without lax. However, all the coaches my son talked to asked about his grades. In my case, he was a walk-on. He got into the school on his own (without lacrosse) and it was his dream school. We always told him to apply the 'break a leg test' - would you be happy if you couldn't play lacrosse. The 2017 HS class was one of the worst in terms of early recruiting and he didn't peak until his junior and senior year at which point there were very few, if any, spots available (with or without scholarships). Luckily he's good enough that he will probably get some playing time either as a freshman or sophomore, if he continues with it. I have another son and he will probably take a completely different track. Good luck to all.