It’s funny how people embellish their posts. It’s not 6 to 9 months. That’s within a year. The cutoff date means kids are within a year. You wrote that novel, at least write facts. Holdbacks are sometimes 18 months to 30 months difference. I like watching my 8 year old play against kids the same age. Not getting his butt kicked by kids way older. Meaning 10 year olds. Just the same way I don’t want him playing kids 6 or 7. Same age doesn’t mean the same exact birthday, it means within the year. That’s the purpose of a cutoff date. Plus everyone who post on here talks about how their kids play up, kids are the youngest kids on the team. How is it possible, every single person that posts is the youngest kid. The point being made and it’s beaten to death, is I’d be incredibly embarrassed to play my kid down in youth sports. I’d be embarrassed to clap when he did well. I’d be embarrassed watching. It’s as embarrassing as watching your son getting into a fist fight with a girl. No need to twist my words around now. If I’m embarrassed by these things. My question is, how are others not embarrassed.,