Originally Posted by Anonymous
Regardless of the good, the bad or the ugly, reclassification is here to stay about to get a whole lot worse. Due to recent events there is going to be alot of reclassifying and PG years.

Yeah, but hush schoolers, juniors and lower, can’t reclass now that have entered 9th grade, unless they sit out of year. I think that’s the way it works.

That is not true for some areas as these Freshman have not played an official varsity season or even a game. Enforcement will be lax and kids can move between public and private with no impact. There will be an increase in re-class for the 2023 grade to the 2024 grade.

Just how many additional parents are going to take on the expense of a public to private so their kid can play lacrosse?

It can go the other way, a parent now needs to send son to public, have not played any official games, they could re-class. I do know of some that are considering going public to private that were on the fence. The real advantage to the re-class kid will be next season's showcases, club events, UA team ect. Also this puts more distance between a player and the current recruiting logjam caused by the extra NCAA year.

Why not? If it gives an advantage.

Gee, I don't know. Maybe because a public education is free and a private costs money, lots of it. Please stop posting.