Originally Posted by cltlax
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Again, discussion over. It’s like talking to robots. Seniors playing against freshman. . Freshman playing against seniors. That’s High school. Do you not here well? I’m talking youth. My 8 year old playing against 6 and 7 year olds, would be an embarrassment. Watching my kid run through younger kids, I’d feel ashamed. Now some other guy is saying he is 6 foot 2. I’m not talking size. Do you hear well too. I don’t care if your youth kid is 6 foot 8. I’m talking about youth holdbacks. Parents who do this, in my opinion, are embarrassments. Normal parents are talking behind your backs, they are bad mouthing you.

Why do you think that life is fair? Its not and never will be. Competition in youth sports is optional. You know what you are getting into when you sign up. Yes it stinks that there are cheaters and amoral leaders. Its not going to change until "you" change. The governing bodies are feckless because they are concerned about protecting the organization above its members. So choose. Work your butt off for change, or survive the system and see what happens. IMO there are bigger issues to tackle before we can get to this one. In hindsight one day I suspect you will realize it never really mattered anyway. While living it, its angering. Think of it this way, encourage your son to play, have fun, even if its for a B team, train, get better, and if he wants to kick butt in HS, get prepared.

I still don't understand what makes lacrosse so special that it is the only sport still organized by grade instead of age. Not whining, just haven't heard a coherent argument for why that should be.

My son plays basketball year round in the DMV and every tournament we play in is organized as 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade . My son is a normal average kid with some decent skills. He is playing kids that are literally double his size every weekend. We played a team from Philly in the last tournament before the COVID stuff and the kids had beards and were looking down on there 6 foot coach, literal beards and were supposed to be in 7th grade. These are AAU teams. Unless I am missing something, I see this at every level outside of county leagues in basketball. It is aggravating, but motivating.