Originally Posted by Anonymous
Kids will win competitions and lose competitions. That’s the beauty of youth sports. Almost all parents who played sports and know sports would agree to this. Then you have that percentage of people who just don’t understand it. Probably 20 percent. No matter how many times people try to explain it, they still can’t grasp it. If I played kids younger than me in organized sports as a kid. My dad and brothers would have laughed at me. They would have made fun of me. Hey way to go Johnny great game. I can hear them now saying, why don’t you play kids your own age. Lol. You know what, they would have been absolutely correct. Now in today’s society,Youth lacrosse, kids, little, little, kids, there are parents who actually do this. They use US lacrosse guidelines to tell them what’s the right and wrong thing to do. Any person with a brain knows what’s right and what’s not right. Keep hiding behind that it’s “within the guidelines” your kids will go far in life with guidelines like that. I’ll stick to the common sense guideline.

85% of commenters agree. So why are there so many former lacrosse playing dads that still continue to push this. I know - it’s the mom’s right? The moms want to hold back the kids for social reasons, right? Dads want them to play on their age