Originally Posted by Anonymous
I realize "I am changing his stars", and it is only lacrosse but it is a top school academically and athletically. Yes, he would be able to get in on his current year and be rostered but the reclass does set him up a lot better. if the PG program offers AP courses which will better prepare him for the rigors of the next level I say no brainer it is about making the college experience the best it can be in and out of the classroom.

This decision did not come lightly and have 3 family members playing and they all wished they had the options that have been laid out for us.

So let me get this straight, you are pretty well set up in life, perhaps even by your own hard work and success, either way, good for you. But that is not enough. Not only did you get your precious boy into a 'top school academically and athletically' but now you want yet another advantage. Geee-zus, when does it end?

You are what's wrong with the rich and powerful in this country, you can convince yourself to go to almost any extent just to carve out a little bigger advantage for yourself. And the powers that be allow you to get away with it because they are beholden to your funding. Pretty disgusting.

Lemme save you a piece of advice that will save you some time, money, heart ache and frustration. If you have to go to such lengths for your kid to be a success, he isn't working hard enough and the path you are considering does nothing to build his character and work ethic. In fact it provides all sorts of perverse incentives.