Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tell me ONE instance where a waiver did not stand up? Just ONE! And yes I have watched 4-8 lacrosse and what you may think is a "big" hit is not. It's a three step pop. Guessing your kid does not play football or soccer or hockey. See the same hits. The only scare tactic is your statement that someone is going to get severely hurt due to some imaginary massive size difference. Don't see it at the HS level and my guy plays Nassau A. No one cares there. Sorry, you are wrong on this.

Dude - I played college football and all my sons play football - I know better than you will ever know what a big hit is like. Plus, you are missing the point on this altogether: the case where this problem will likely come to a tipping point will be the vast difference in size between two players, where the hit on otherwise similar sized players might not have been as dangerous, but because of the laws of physics and with respect to mass, along with other 'perfect storm' conditions, the results will be catastrophic. The bigger the sport gets, the more participants that play, the more likely an unfortunate and catastrophic incident will occur between mismatched aged players in a grade-based system. You mention three other sports (one not even a contact sport!) - funny how all three of those sports all moved to aged-based governance. And, yes I've seen big hits in lax games, although most result in man down situations these days, but they happen nonetheless.

Lastly, there are states where a parent signing of a waiver on behalf of their children and the courts generally hold that such a waiver DOES NOT preclude the injured child from bringing suit against a party for negligence - two of those states are New Jersey and Pennsylvania!

Please keep talking, please. Tell us one of your college football stories, but tie in some stuff from one of your science classes. Please don't stop responding on here, seriously, we need you.