Originally Posted by Anonymous
I dont care if kids are reclassified. My son has been playing up his whole career. In fact he got his offer because he went to a school camp and played up as a 7th grader against Varsity. He is actually small for his age. The reality is in college you have to play against older bigger faster stronger kids. Get used to it now and you will be much better off for the experience. In the meantime do lots of wall ball. The wall doesnt know your age.

I think you missed the point!

I too was in a similar situation as you and your son; my son played up from 2nd grade up (and I am not talking a late birthday). I was comfortable moving him up because he was a piece on a team of older boys. Just as your son was playing against older boys he was also playing with older boys. You are only as good as you surround yourself with.

Now I highly doubt you would have played your son up with a full team of other boys on his age. That is the issue. Many of us can state our sons played up but not many can boast they did it with a complete team playing up (sans Turtles and Crush don't need to hear age bickering there).

Also knowing what you are up against is good sportsmanship policy. Choosing to play up verses having to play a team on your schedule (who is supposed to be on age and isn't) is two different things.