Originally Posted by Anonymous
While there are so many controversies playing by grade, there is another issue when we push this sport to international. School starts differently for different countries.

Eventually I think we need some kind of age pure (like in soccer) that everyone play based on their year born.

Never happen with current system in place. To much influence by private schools and Clubs on USL. The HQ is in heart of Holdback Country.

Most of top Clubs all along the East Coast are littered with holdbacks. And it is not going away. South and West are now getting into act and bringing teams with hodbacks too.

Take something that I cant even think of to change lacrosse at this time. Hope it is out there. Just isnt right what is going on now.

Right now it seems the advantage goes to the kids born in July& Aug. Let's go to year born & give the advantage to the Jan & Feb kids. It seems that the age Gap would still be the same (anywhere from one to eleven months). I guess it all comes down to what month your kid was born.

You must be thick. No one is complaining about age based ONE year leagues. As many have said, Just pick a date Sept/Jan whatever and stick with it. Everyone is within a year and some are on younger side and some are on older side, but majority are within 3-4 months of each other. And if my son happens to be on the younger side , so be it.

The grade based system is broken. To many taking advantage of holding back or reclassing along with the prefist private school kids. Way to many players over a YEAR or MORE older ( not one month-11 months) than others, and it is easy to get advantage ( hold you kid back) . If it was a few here or there, no one would care. At this time it is an out of control with many clubs having 50-75% of starters holdbacks, Crazy

The Lacrosse Club system is broken and ruined at this time. Giving select kids an advantage in youth sports goes completely against everything we are taught and told as it pertains to the youth.

---------

well said - it's pretty embarrassing. Every parent that says "my kid wants to play with his friends".... right, keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better about CHEATING

What clubs have 50-75% starter holdbacks ??? This is a way over the top exaggeration.