Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The question isn’t about the governing body of lacrosse. I agree, they allow this. The question is simply to the parents of other kids. Parents of a youth holdbacks. The question is what do you feel like watching your older son, run through kids 1 to 2 years younger. Not high school parents, not college parents. Youth parents. I just want to know that answer. What do you feel when you see your son doing this? Just answer the question.

My kid is not a hold back. I have answered this question and seen it answered here many times. The overwhelming majority of parents that have holdbacks did not do it for a lax advantage, if you think they do, you have more of an issue then you think and more of an issue then holdback parents, it's crazy to think they do. The problem is they fall in a particular friend group and class (because they are held back before they can start school for myriad of developmental, parents moving or hundreds of other scenarios) and start there younger years playing with all there friends and in pre-k and K people aren't searching forholdbacks to call out. So then they move to the next little pee wee league with their buddys and friends and then the travel stuff starts and they move with the kids they know and have always played with. Parent's aren't taking the kids away from their friends for 4 years and moving them somewhere else. The parents don't feel anything because they are still playing with the same kids they did their entire life and nothing has ever changed. It is not right it is not wrong, it is just what it is.

You are right they don't do it for a lax advantage they do it for an academic advantage or developmental advantage and a bonus athletic advantage sometimes lacrosse.