Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I will start by saying I did not hold back my son, but obviously it works. If it wasn't working this would not be such a hot topic on this site. So the detractors who are arguing against it are affirming people's attitudes that hold backs work. If I'm wrong let me know, but based on what I am reading here it appears holdbacks are dominating younger kids in lacrosse.

Two word summary of your post: "cheating works". Wow - what a revelation! There are zero readers on this board that disagree with that conclusion. At the same time, that does not mean that is right, both ethically or in any other way, for the sport in general, which is WHAT everyone is arguing.

I understand, but what is the advantage to NOT holding your son back? Unless it's over grade 3 the kid won't remember and he will be dominant up until about age 22. At which point it doesn't really matter anymore. Really, in 2017 what is morals driving? It's unethical to cheat in your taxes, yet everyone does it. Lie about being sick to miss work? Unethical. Scam an injury to get workers comp, the list is endless. I don't know, I don't agree with hold backs but really, I just don't think it's the be all end all.