Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is an on age 2020, born in 2002. He is a big boy 6' and 200 lbs. he has always been big and when he was younger teams would complain that he was a "hold back" which he isn't. My question for "hold back" parents is this. Do you feel good about your kid looking like a stud, when he is beating up on kids who are 1-2 years younger? I don't even like when my on age, big kid plays against boys that are smaller than him. I can't even imagine what he would look like if we held him back, but again, I would be embarrassed because he would be beating up younger kids. Am I missing something? Seriously, that must by like an "A" team playing in a "B" division and feeling good about how awesome they look. What is the point?

No, but to assume every private school 1st grade, 2nd grade, etc parent is going to add plus 1 when they register under the current rules, if they have a prefirst curriculum, because there could be now or in the future a size disparity is ridiculous, and certainly not worthy of being personally criticized. Can 6 and 7, 7 and 8 year olds all of a sudden not play and learn lacrosse together?! If the registration system changes, cool. If your kid develops, grows, whatever, and at 8,9,10 you want to move him up, cool. Your specific example is not typical. Sure, if there are a handful of superior older 6,7th graders running the tables in middle school, play them up if you have any good sense as a parent or coach, but once high school hits, business is business, no such thing as fair, there is legal or not legal. If they can't play, it won't matter how old they are at that point.