Originally Posted by Anonymous
Someone please tell me how does one go about playing down if they say they will PG. What the progression? How is it all outlined? I've had many a conflicting conversation about this. This should be good.

I thought if you are in HS you can't magically lower your grade designation, Sure you can get left back or not finish a grade but that is not the point here.
1. Do you go to a Prep school (Avon / Taft / one of the Philips / Deerfield / TP etc) and say I want to enroll my son?
2. What is the enrollment criteria? (is it $$ and grades and/or Skill gets you in)
3. Do you say I want to enroll him now, or do you say in a year or 2? or do they tell you when?
4. Do they say okay if you come in your son will repeat x grade?
5. Does he continue on his academic progression and you get the benefit of taking other higher level courses strengthening his academic resume?
6. Or does he just repeat classes he already took?

The answer is this, in regards to travel lacrosse - if you want your kid playing at 2023, and your organization wants him to play at 2023, than it happens. It doesn't matter if he is 13, 14, 24, 43 or 105 years of age. There is no governing body or clearing house that you need to go through to get approval.