Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Soccer and hockey have it...why cant lacrosse start..ID cards. Sept 1-Aug 31...only fair way to do this. Start in 4-5 grade on down. cant enforce it with older grades that have established team already. I would love to see it enforced from 8th grade down....Just wait till one boy gets really hurt because of a grade based tournament. I mean really really hurt..Parents will then be on board. Why does a boy have to get hurt really bad before we change this rule. Its about growing the game and getting more kids involved...Not championships for 4-8th grades and T shirts

Everyone's main argument is about the supposed safety/insurance issue once a young kid is injured by a holdback. But after thousands of games, it hasn't happened. Or at least no parent of an injured kid has made enough noise or lawsuits about it to impact anything.

Give it up. As long as the major clubs using and encouraging holdbacks are in charge (which they are), it won't change. They have the best teams, run the tournaments, do camps, get the most kids at tryouts, generate recruits, get the publicity, have strong college connections, and so on.

You think they want a level playing field? You think they will change out of doing what's right? You think they fear some hollow US Lacrosse insurance issue?

Holdbacks thrive in lacrosse, not in life.

I'm sure soccer and hockey folks said the same thing - good thing no one listened to those people pushing the status quo thing!