Originally Posted by Anonymous
This conversation will not change. The current pause in the sport will only increase the hold back issue. I know for a fact that many 2024 and some 2023 and 2022 players are repeating due to the lost season. They can always find a school to play in later if they use up eligibility and since some did not complete a season some conferences do not consider a lost season unless it was a completed HS Varsity season. Don't believe me? Fine, but ask yourself this: Will IMG or the Hill academy or Culver or any number of schools decline a student willing to pay who will help the team? NO Will other schools refuse to play these teams because they might have a 5th year senior? - NO. As far as youth lacrosse, consider the talent, age or not, of the teams that play in the USL "sanctioned" events. They are simply not at the same level. An NLF 2024 team would destroy some of the other clubs 2023 teams. I am simply stating the facts.

Agree, Holdbacks and reclass were already getting out of hand in last few years,,,,Now with this virus and the NCAA mandate of letting all four college classes get another year. WATCH OUT ! Here come the next barrage of holdbacks in 2020/2021/2022/2023/2024. Many have already been heldback, so its a Double Holdback, It is a Domino effect.
Pretty sad, but it is what it is.
And just like the poster said, the double holdback will find a home if he needs to.