Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok, highest ranked HS teams is great. That’s a different conversation. YOUTH is little kids. Do you understand man? YOUTH. Again I’ll say it for the 57th time. YOUTH. 9 year olds playing 7 and 8 year olds. 8 year olds playing 6 and 7 year olds. This is the most absurd conversation I’ve ever heard. Parents who promote this should be embarrassed. My 8 year old, who is really good compared to other 8 year olds, would be unfairly good against 6 and 7 year olds. I never would do that. Now to answer that other guy. If my kids had dyslexia, ADHD, color blind, or any other thing and the teacher recommended they be held back, I’d listen to the teacher. They still would play their age though. One of my sons plays 3 sports. So I wouldn’t have a choice in the other 2 sports, right. I’m not talking about HS, I’m not talking about US lacrosse, I’m not talking about college, I’m not talking about prep schools, I’m not talking about professional lacrosse leagues. I’m talking about little kids playing youth. Holding kids back in youth sports is weak. It’s embarrassing. There is no valid response to dispute this. Now some guy is going to come on here and say a friend of a friend of a friend, had a blind son. He was held back 14 years ago. Please stop already. I can’t make the point any clearer.

Until they change the rules , the best way to avoid playing holdback teams , don't play out of state teams & don't enter any AA tournaments. There are plenty of B and C tourneys & tourneys for every skill level.