Originally Posted by Anonymous
Someone please tell me how does one go about playing down if they say they will PG. What the progression? How is it all outlined? I've had many a conflicting conversation about this. This should be good.

I thought if you are in HS you can't magically lower your grade designation, Sure you can get left back or not finish a grade but that is not the point here.
1. Do you go to a Prep school (Avon / Taft / one of the Philips / Deerfield / TP etc) and say I want to enroll my son?
2. What is the enrollment criteria? (is it $$ and grades and/or Skill gets you in)
3. Do you say I want to enroll him now, or do you say in a year or 2? or do they tell you when?
4. Do they say okay if you come in your son will repeat x grade?
5. Does he continue on his academic progression and you get the benefit of taking other higher level courses strengthening his academic resume?
6. Or does he just repeat classes he already took?

Regardless of the answers to the above, when was the last time you or your son or your son's club team was required to provide any proof of his grade for any tournament? For that matter, have you ever heard of a tournament even asking for any information about who is on a roster?? It's the wild west, so you can get away with just about anything you want and have the balls to attempt! There are very few repercussions to that. I was shocked to hear that the Bulldog tournament at Yale this year had banned some teams from last year that had played with players that were 'outside' the divisions' criteria - how oftent have you heard of that happening?!