Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sorry the hold back issue will never seem right to me. Whether it is in NY when a DOB before December holds back. Call me old school. You just didnt want your son to be the youngest kid, and you could have changed his stripes by making him one of the oldest knowing that would give him advantages.

Watching the NCAA football it is ridiculous when they say true freshman when they are 20 years old!!!! As sad as having 16 year old freshman. No freshman should be 16 right now, but there are. No Soph should be 17 but there are

There are plenty of 16 year old freshman now. Crazy how one of the main reason for lacrosse going grade base was early recruiting of 9th graders. NCAA did right thing and made 11th grade the first year to talk with and recruit players last May. Even NCAA stopping ER hasnt slowed down the holdback mess at youth lacrosse or grade base at youth lacrosse.
Clearly an advantage at youth level and to some extant at HS level. Hopefully Youth will at least go back to age one day...but even that I am not sure of with so many clubs encouraging and having holdbacks.

It’s too soon to say that he new NCAA rule about junior year recruiting has had no impact - it was just implemented,. I've read that recruiting tourneys/showcases where 2020s and 2021s are in attendance have seen little (or greatly lessened) obvious interest by college coaches towards those grades. We'll see see over the next few years whether the rule change has any impacts on the hold back aspect, but any impact there was always going to take some time, if at all.