Originally Posted by Anonymous
Parents on empire weren't happy they were put in the B bracket. It was a waste of time for kids. Empire is a B team but not with those teams they played. It will come full circle cause when they play good teams they can't beat them. It's obvious the coaches were running up the scores. Not unexpected with those two guys though. That team will be split up after the season. Too many unhappy parents.Hopefully they play in A so we can see the outcomes. Only thing going for them is their D. Too many ball hogs at attack and zero team players!Some kids quit and more will follow. Parents unhappy with the coaching I've been told.

My kid was at this tourney in a B bracket other than the one that contained Empire Green. Based on the scores in the playoffs, Empire Green would have smoked the entire B division. It wasn't a function of the particular teams they faced. Forget labels. They are a cut above that group, which contained 17 teams from multiple states. They are not a B team as that term is used on LI. They should have been in the A bracket. My son also played them last year, and its funny this poster said they have too many ball hogs and don't play as a team, because that was my impression of them last year as well, even though they killed my son's team and had better players. It took them a while to get going because of the ball hogging, and they only won easily because our team wore down defending the ball hogging and then lost a bit of faith once the score got out of hand.