Originally Posted by Anonymous
do me a favor and look up the team, what they stand for and what they do for the community and what the organization stands for and what it teaches these boys. Enlighten yourself.
Bottom line is these coaches, parents, directors and boys and plenty of sportsmanship. To make a blanket statement like you did that this is how "we do things", based on 1 game, in 1 tourney where an express team was blown out is classless. We are playing this weekend in the A division if it makes you feel better. Have a great day and a great season.

aside from the coaches asking the boys to literally not shoot the ball the entire 2nd half (which does nothing for either team or the game), what would you like them to do? he sat his top players as much as he could, passed the ball around, ran some plays for time. I mean really guy.
We got mopped up at Blatant in an A bracket and we didn't blame anyone. We brushed it off and moved on. I suggest you do the same.

So going back to the quote from before "That's their way. They get blown out by good teams so they keep their foot on the gas when they can beat others." You just backed that statement 100%. You're proving that they don't teach sportsmanship.

no one is blaming the kids. kids go out on the field and want to play. what the organization stands for is commendable. no one has said anything to the contrary. you have already indicted yourself with "we got blown out so we'll do it to you" statement. it would have been as easy as telling the boys don't go right to the goal after winning a faceoff, or maybe complete 3, 4, 5 passes before shooting. you did neither. terrible.

kudos to the work the kids do for a good cause. you bringing that into the conversation is just trying to distract from the issue that the coaches pissed on the values you try to instill.