Originally Posted by Anonymous
You're right. We should talk about how igloo brought in 2 new coaches and a bunch of kids left because the coaches brought in their own players who are not better. We could also talk about how Express through BM under the bus And made his assistant coach now the head with very little experience. I am sure those crazy parents will want him out next when the Bandits crush them again. Then you have the outlaws who decided to make a select team this year without telling the parents so when they said yes to the black team they were really on the B team? Nice move. Last years Black team wasn't good enough to make a select team so why bother? And lastly you could talk about the best team the Bandits who will all be burnt out by 9 th grade!!

You forgot about Legacy not even having enough players to field two teams and BARELY having enough kids for one. They were bad last year and just got worse. I'm starting to think the big name teams are a waste of time. How many teams have the same full coaching staff from last season? How many teams legitimately improved? I'm sure kids having more options for teams is a good thing. Some say watering down, but I disagree. If coaches stayed with their teams and teams stayed together they will be dominant. There are a few, but the number is decreasing annually. Everybody is looking for the big payout.

I also agree with more options. I'm tired of owners saying they will get your kid into college, but pay us $2,000 every year until high school ends. Guess what? the money hungry owners are full of sh**. I want my son to be coached correctly with the right skill development and lax IQ. If he makes it to D1 great, otherwise he's going to a great college, he'll be a starter, and then he'll get a great career! You can now find these clubs and coaches for under 2k, and your son will play more lacrosse than the high price bumper sticker,shiny uniform/nice tent club. Do your research on the new 5th grade teams, you'll be amazed at some great coaching that's out there, and it's not Express, 91, or Igloo.

I agree. My concerns for my 10 year old are that 1. he enjoys the experience and 2. He has a great coach who helps him develop and expand upon his skills. Other than that I have no expectations for his future....he's ten! I don't even remember what I wanted to do when I was 10 but I know I didn't go to college for it. I did get in on an educational scholarship though. I push the educational aspect and if he wants to play lax or football in college that's a nice bonus.