I think the point is the NLF kids can do the prospect camps too. Those camps get very expensive with fees and travel costs. Also very time consuming.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quote ""t is accurate. You will see as the kids get older. I don't think the NLF and other similar groups (that the NLF copied) in other states claim that this is the only way to get exposure. However it is an additional way to be noticed. These teams in the NLF will be at the same tournaments the other teams will be at but they will also be at NLF invite only tournaments with college coaches. It can't hurt them. You will also see by 6th or 7th grade the best teams are set. Trying to get on one of those top teams that are known for recruitment and directors with college conections will be more difficult as each year passes. Most kids are playing to have fun at this age but there are a bunch who think they want to play in college. I agree it is way to early to discuss this stuff but at the same time it may be too late to get on one of the top teams as most will be set in the next couple years.""

Getting on a top club at this age is a waste because the Directors sell you a dream of making the club, take your $100 at tryouts, and are bringing back the same kids. All while they collect $100 x 500 kids at tryouts. Stay on the team you are currently on and when your kid gets into high school go to Prospect camps with the college they want to go to.