Originally Posted by Anonymous
That team is clearly the cream of the crop in this age and the dedication to be on a team like that is not for everybody. The decision for a parent to take their child to a better situation for their child is their perrogative. To be honest here the fact that two Hills players left to play for a Hills coach should not be ignored. Bandits are by FAR the best in this age and therefore there is a drop off. I would like to see my sons team spend more energy on improving the team THEY chose than trying to skim off the Bandits lesser players. It is sad these men chose our boys and are now scrambling around to bring different boys into practice. Does that show committment to players? Not much different than what they are saying about the Bandits, difference is Bandits are top dog.

Welcome to travel lacrosse! It amazes me when people think their kids are locked into a team because they've been on it for a season or two or three. Every coach want to get the best players on his team. Every one. That's what travel lax is! That's what we pay for! I want my kid playing with the best possible kids (that practice within 20 minutes from my house, lol!). If a coach grabs another player that plays your kids position, he's better than your kid. We as parents will make up excuses why this happened, but when we take the blinders off we'll see that it's the truth. Travel lax is about competition, which coincidently, permeates all facets of life. If your son gets bumped, use it as a teachable moment. Let him know the importance of hard work and making/chasing goals. But don't make excuses.