Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looking for some constructive feedback for a team for my son. Had been playing town ball but he wants to step it up. From research based on where we live and where teams practice I was hoping someone could offer insight. Looking for a b team with good coaching and environment. Without having to travel far.

The 2 express b teams-we are close to where they practice usually and St anthonys is doable. Money grab aside and that's a whole other consideration, how are the coaches and team and families?

Bluefish-hofstra close to my work so not bad. Same questions. I did hear from a parent kids/families great but didn't start practicing til late and coaching could have been better.

Don't know who else in central nassau could be recommended.

Looking for good environment and coaches to learn and grow with.

Thanks

Our son is on Bluefish now and we have been very disappointed with almost everything. We are also looking around. Heard some good things about Recon and spoke to a few of the parents and they have been very happy. Spoke to a couple of families on the Express teams, got some mixed reviews. Looked in to True Blue, very mixed reviews from the couple of parents I spoke to, seemed to be if you are from Massapequa and play for the Mohawks, you had a good time, if you are an outsider, you didn't. 24 is a new club, but it is based on a 2024 team that we saw at JDRF with 2023 players on the field. That club doesn't seem to be starting off on the right track already.

Good luck to you and your son. Hope this helps.

The best alternative centrally is Outlaws and Recon. Out east would be Empire and Leh-ga-c

Depends what express does next year with roster and #s. Supposedly 2nd team will be retooling with less kids and better back end to give Channy jr a better team. 3rd team who knows. Looked tough on them all year. We played them a couple times. Not that my sons team was much better but a lot to pay for the results although I was told the coach is a good guy and looked like he made the most of it.

Bluefishes first year so room to grow I guess.