Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you were right about that then why does every club make it mandatory that your kid has a US Lacrosse ID number? Because of the insurance it provides your kid. So with that comes power. What US Lacrosse needs to do is add a stipulation that their insurance is only covering players who participates in US Lacrosse rules based tournaments. So now if your kid gets hurt in some NLF tournament their is no insurance and maybe now the parent whose kid gets injured can sue the tournament for injuries occurred by a player 2 years older!! Do you want to see how fast everyone conforms then!! Insurance is too expensive.

I have three kids playing travel and not one of them has a valid US Lacrosse ID number. Most people fudge that because they know that no one will ever check it. If you're so afraid of your fifth grader playing against a sixth grader then maybe contact sports are just not for you. An the only kid I know that has every played against kids 2 years older is a certain kid that play up on Crush. Bother wise, that 2 years older garbage is a myth perpetrated on this site so that parents can justify how a kid could be so much better than their little superstar. FYI, skill beats size every time. Some of the best kids I've seen play at our age group have been undersized. Very tough, but undersized. Toughness is a necessary requirement in contact sports.

Than why doesn't this mentality apply in equal force to the kid playing "down" by being a holdback? Why isn't that kid asked to toughen up? And complaints about kids having to play against older kids are not limited to size. The older kids also are advantaged in areas of speed, quickness, stick skills, aggression, and sports IQ.

Chances are the "holdback" entered school at the same time your future hall of gamer did. He's likely been playing lax just as long as your boy. He's probably 4 months older and works a lot harder than your kid. Change your tampton and stop complaining. This is how it is now and forever has been.