Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not trying to stir things up here, but I've been told that one of the new teams in this age group has 2-3 players that are actually in 6th grade. Being that club lacrosse on LI is grade based, isn't this CHEATING? I am pretty sure that these kids played on another team last year and followed their Farmingdale based coach to their new team. Imagine being a quality 5th grader, yet losing out on a lot of playing time because your organization is willing to cheat and have a kid(s) play in 2023 even though they are 2022? I have heard this from more then one source, by the way.

Again, there are no 6th graders on S2S - NONE. Everyone is a 5th grader. There was a 5th grader last year on the 4th grade Igloo team that was coached by the F'Dale guy(that all the Igloo higher-ups knew about and were ok with). He is not on S2S and is a current member of the 6th grade Outlaws Select team (very good player). The other player everyone is concerned about is from Manhattan - he has a fall birthday but is a 5th grader.

Everyone please stop with the "older kid" nonsense. They are a good team with really good coaching...

Phew. So they cheated last year, but not his year. There were 3 kids that were playing DOWN. You told me about two. The third is on S2S. FACT. Good Coaching. Good recruiting. Great organization. Goo times. Long Island staying classy.