Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Calling me a tool because I am teaching my son not to settle for less? I am very skeptical of "B" teams. I sincerely believe most "B" programs are more of a "your kid didn't make the team but we'll gladly take your $2400" than a program dedicated to improving the kids that didn't make the cut. I am sure there are exceptions so don't get all butt-hurt if your son's B team is nurturing him to your satisfaction.

"That makes sense too. Sit, don't play for another year because you didn't make the "a" team. That will help him improve to make it next year. We'll just play catch in the backyard because we already know daddy is an "a" player so that's allowed."

If you are referring to me, you are making a giant assumption. My son plays other sports during the year as well as PAL and summer lax. I don't feel a $2000 plus fee to be on a substandard team is worth it. There are other avenues to have fun playing lacrosse without having to pay an arm and a leg. He will get plenty of minutes playing with kids his age and older, so I am not concerned with him skipping club ball.

Anyway, my son is trying out for other teams.
Club lacrosse is a hustle. If you feel you are getting your money's worth with your kid playing on a "B" team, then do so.

The hard part of figuring out if your better on a clubs B team vs another clubs A team. Is being on Outlaws, express, b team better than Millon and Sharks A team.

I would have to agree that staying away from b teams is usually a good idea. Unless you absolutely love and know the coach and other players. Otherwise it is just frustrating and expensive. I learned my lesson and would never do it again!