Originally Posted by Anonymous
My 26 daughter went to a prospect day last weekend at a top 15 school.

Was kinda shocked that the coaching staff (including HC) spent probably 80% of their time looking at the 26s and almost no time looking at the 25s. (They were on separate fields). The head coach spent a bunch of time talking 1:1 with a bunch of 26s (including my daughter) while the 25s had their final scrimmage.

Is this typical? At this point in the calendar, are coaches pretty much done evaluating 25s and already starting to think about 26s? If so, should she think about doing more late aug/early sept prospect days.

My daughter was played well and was happy she got the exposure. On the way back, she said, "I probably wouldn't have played as well if I know I'd be playing in front of their entire coaching staff most of the day."

Prospect days are a money grab! Easier and cheaper to email the coach and let them know your daughter plays for whatever club team and will be at these 4-5 tourneys. If the coach wants your daughter the coach will be there or have a scout/asst there. You just donated to the lax program

Yes they are now looking at the 26 grad year. And I don't think prospect camps are just money grabs. if you are interested in the school you should go to there prospect camp. They will want to evaluate girls in person not just seeing you once at a tournament.

You must have not gone through the recruiting process before. Prospect days bring in lets just say for laughs 50 girls who want to go there. Or the coach goes to see your daughter plus the 30 teams at a tourney. 30 teams x lets say 20 girls is 600 girls. Where do you find more talent - a tournament or a prospect day