I would think if that is happening, then that player is not of the same talent level as the other players who are getting most of all of the playing time. Coaches and clubs want to win and they aren't out to "get" a player by not playing their strongest athletes. If a player isn't getting much time, its either an ability / talent issue, attitude issue or commitment issue (missing games or practices etc...). I don't have a daughter in this age group so having said that I am not familiar with the specifics for this age group. But I think the situation I outlined is probably true at all of the top programs. The good news is there are other teams to go to, just make sure that the young lady is trying out for a team that is talent/athletic appropriate and that her commitment level matches that of the team. I never think its wrong to be on a clubs second team if your child isn't quite as athletic or naturally aggressive. (maybe its good to be one of the stronger players on a new team) or if your daughter hasn't decided their level of commitment matches that of a high level club team. Its about confidence and happiness for your daughter.