Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm the mother of this child. This team has a lot of great families and it was a very difficult decision to leave. With that being said LBC has promised goalie training at every practice for years. Every year we have trusted them and as soon as we sign back up there's no goalie coach. There was a college goalie that came to coach but once LBC stopped responding to her messages she didn't come back. That's not my business but that's the truth. If you consider goalie coaching a regular coach passing and juggling for 15-20 mins before a 90 min practice clearly you're not familiar with positional coaching. This is the exact reason why the 24 and 25 goalie left. This has been an issue for years. If our family is such an issue then why ask our daughter to come back every year? At the end of every year we have told them we're not coming to tryouts. Then the calls, texts, etc. start. We believe them and we come back. We pay between $50-65 an hour for private lessons. I have been very supportive of this team over the years and have a close relationship with a lot of the families. Have you heard of carpooling? It's a thing. Maybe you didn't see me at one of four fall practices when we weren't supposed to be getting out of our car. Little thing called covid. I've been at every fall tournament including the last one when I had a medical issue. If you are truly a 26 parent that I have spoken to please feel free to reach out to me directly. You must have my contact information. We are moving on and worrying about our own team. LBC should do the same.

You are doing what is best for your child, as all of us would do. If they have made empty promises over and over and had to beg you to come try out, they should have been prepared to have a 2nd goalie, most all clubs have two for each team. If they take kids midseason, they should be prepared to lose kids midseason. Its unfortunate how it unfolded, but clearly LBC didn't take the high road. Good luck to her daughter at her new club. She's going to get great goalie training, I can tell you from first hand experience.