Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Appalling? I would think it is pretty appalling to commit to a team for the year. Tell them you don't want any other goalies and then quit. I can't think of anything more appalling to these teammates. It sounds like the letter is pretty accurate if it is true.
Please explain your comment? All these girls that play for a club team commit to play for them for the year - you make a committment.Period. If you play for that year and are unhappy THEN you move on and try to make it on to another team when tryouts are at the end of the Summer. NOT during the year.

Disclaimer, don’t have a daughter that plays for LBC, nor do I coach there, however am familiar with the organization. As a business professional, emails are for the sole intention of the recipient and never should be shared with others unless for lawful purposes, so shame on the parents who posted this. Conversely, travel lacrosse is a business, and can be shark infested at times. There is a lot of bad blood between MDU and LBC based on player movement, therefore winning does lead to a sense of entitlement and might take priority for some more than others.

Player position training is important, especially in middle school with girls’ bodies changing/growing and the need for muscle memory to prevail over changing gross motor skills. MDU has 3-4 goalie coaches and is well organized. Can you blame a parent for wanting their child to be exposed to specific training?
Yes, the goalie is leaving her team “high and dry” and there is a cost for that which the player cannot fathom at her age. Bottom line is “be classy” on both ends. Directors need to be pragmatic and professional as it’s a business (QTIP-quit taking it personal) and parents should understand that their decisions for their children might affect them more than they know (don’t be helicopters).