Originally Posted by Anonymous
No way parents were going to keep quiet anyway. Pipe dream.

Well it doesn’t matter now. Summer is over. New team moving forward.

It’s always ok when it happens to somebody else, wait till your daughter is the one going to the B team behind the bleachers.

I have no skin in the game, just find in fascinating how people don’t see how easily it can turn on them!
Was standing at the Pride tent and saw the girls going in and out one by one. My heart hurt for the girls who were moved down. Some were crying and others you could tell by their shock of disbelief. Unreal how shallow Robinson and his staff coaches really are. Doing it privacy is one thing but when you have the Heros parents and players hovering over the team and your own teammates…. A better place or time could have facilitated. To the girls who got cut from both teams and to the girls who got moved down… you will do great things in life, this is a life lesson and don’t let any of this derail your confidence.

As an outsider (DMV parent), this is definitely not a good look for M&D. The Heros green/white saga also doesn't bode well but it's disappointing to see all of this in what we here in the DMV area consider the "gold" standard of clubs. Obviously the truth isn't all told on a message board here but it definitely doesn't put anything in a good light. I hope they see their mistakes and learn from this to fix how situations like this are handled in the future.

Would a better decision have been to just ignore the situation all weekend while gossip spread around the team about who made it and who didn't? I don't think so. The coaches and SR did the responsible thing and talked to the girls one on one. Now whether or not tryouts should have been before the last tournament is another question.

Your last sentence is the core issue. It is alway a race between the clubs to hold tryouts first. Having tryouts before the last tournament (or Heros telling girls on White that they are getting moved up to Green) is ridiculous. Even if the girls do not find out the results until the tournament is over, they are still a wreck from the week of tryouts. M&D broke them up into A and B groups at tryouts! And did the black team even practice before their last tournament together? I heard offers were made to girls from outside clubs before the weekend, and is that fair to the current players?

As others have stated, a face-to-face conversation with the player sounds better to me as opposed to a posting on a website and even a phone call to the parent. But to do it in public like that is rough. It sounds like they could have moved to a better area. It looks like that team still did well on Sunday. Only two games though...

Last edited by JMLax1; .