Originally Posted by Anonymous
serious question here for M&D parents.

with rumors out there that 3-step in looking to buy multiple DMV clubs, curious as to how this has impacted M&D so far.

M&D parents, have you seen any changes in your club (good or bad) since three step took over in December?

Who are the other clubs that could be impacted by mergers/buyouts?
NEMS? They don’t have much after an average 27 team. The 28s played B league and they have no younger teams in the pipeline.

I feel with good leadership Coppermine north could be a big draw for that area. Nems and crush kids could play close to home and get in bigger tournies to compete.

Call me crazy but i do feel Coppermine central could pull kids from TlC and Sw and become much better. Especially with better recruiting coordinator and a few more outstanding coaches.

People want some personalized attention and not just big business handling their team.

I do feel Heros and mnd will be ok for a while as long as the people in charge don’t leave
I agree with you. I think Coppermine North will eventually absorb a lot of Harford County talent. But, until they get established, the best talent will still head elsewhere. However, they already have a 2030 team and 2030/31 team established - so they are well on their way.

Even when they get established, their top talents will eventually get moved to the big Coppermine team for tourneys. That's the problem with multi location clubs. Ultimately one location has the best product and will stink all the best talent in the club.

Same thing happenes with MD United. Their top west players are getting moved to MD United East.
Don’t listen to this false narrative. MD United is on the way out, rec players and toxic coaches.