Originally Posted by Anonymous
SW is the best club in the area in terms of getting their girls recruited. And I'm the parent of a former M&D player that is going to a high end D1 school. YJ and SW are the best without question when it comes to pushing their girls to schools. As has been said here several times, it makes no difference what teams are good in middle school. By the time they get to 11th grade it is rinse and repeat in terms of commitments. SW and M&D are 1 and 1a. Hero's usually lags behind a little but not every year as with the 22s. Was definitely the case with the 19s-21s.

I'm a little green here, but if your playing in the A brackets, and going against the top clubs, won't you get recruited as long as you are performing? What does the club do better than others? I mean plenty of clubs in the state get D1 commits right?

Club contacts and relationships have A TON to do with which girls go to which schools. The coaches are watching the girls play but they're also talking to the club coaches and directors about players constantly. Carol Rose is the best in the biz at getting her girls recruited. There's no question about it. The McLaughlin's and Robinson's are very good as well. This is why players flock to these clubs at the high school level. There are plenty of other clubs in the area that play in A brackets that don't come close in terms of D1 commits that the top 3 in the area do.

I guess my thought is, is that due to talent of the players or the relationship with club directors?

It's both. There is a trust with college coaches in coming to see those players as well as how they turn out in college. SW is probably top dog there, from the DMV, with the current collegiate players.

TLC struggles against the big 3 but for example; however, some of the best players in the country come from there - Sarah Cooper at Cuse and Grace Haus at UF for example.

Relationships help get you looks. Especially on clubs outside of the bigger names.
I believe the Robinson’s are out with CR primary focus on FL. I expect a big drop off starting with the 23s. Top 3/4 will go big name but rest will fall off.

Scott does a phenomenal job and has great relationship with coaches. M&D isn't going anywhere. SW has always done a little better in terms of getting their girls to top schools however. They will stay 1 and 1a. That's not changing just because Chris went to FL. He's been there several years now and girls are still coming to M&D. It's happening right now with the 26s as they're about to head to HS.