Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is a mid level A player D Pole and shut Spanos down on multiple occassions. Is he good - YES, D1 - I think so BUT is he sure fire to commit in 8th grade? No. That's all the poster was saying.
1. No your son didn't. 2. Yes he sure fire to commit because he did.

First I saw what I saw. Spanos had 1 goal over two games that I watched. Not a big thing it happens to every kid no matter how good they are. Kids like that teams plan for - should be flattered actually.

More important to clarify - no 8th grader is a "surefire" D1 player. I said sure fire commit so you used that to say "well he committed". You know damn well I what I meant and if not will spell it
Out - a lot can happen between 8th grade and College. Kids stop growing, skills don't get better, they burn out, etc so no 8th grader is a sure thing from a college perspective. Can they commit - YES but that doesn't mean they will ever play a second of meaningful college lacrosse. That's all my point was, and to be honest it wasn't really regarding Spanos at all it was meant for all the early recruiting going on.

Now like I said in another post I think he's a great player and will play college ball. So don't take it personal which you seem to be doing, probably Tad or his Dad. You should be proud he is a damn good player.