Let's be clear here. BL did get caught cheating, it was made very clear by NXT already. And they started their program because their founder, and best player's father, was not asked to coach at Freedom and he became incredibly miffed at that. These are facts.
Brotherly Love is cheapest in the area for their age groups. But that is because tourneys at that age are for the most part cheaper to attend. Right now it is most appropriate to look at middle school and high school as the best metric for cost;

This post was brought to my attention.

In reading these threads, I can't assuage you from the conviction that Brotherly Love is cheating there way to tournament championships and dastardly pursuing wins while laying waste to the Philly youth lacrosse landscape. So I won't try; however, your representation of why I started the club is a gross misrepresentation.

This is how the events transpired. I took my oldest son to tryout for the 2023 Freedom Team, based upon my research I thought it was the best Philly based club. My son is a 2024 player and he made the 2023 team. His experience was excellent. Did they win every game, no. Did they win a single tournament, no. However, loved his two coaches, made new friends, had a blast, and got better. He eventually worked his way to a starting attack spot on the team, so no daddy ball either. The two coaches that Freedom had in place were excellent and he still talks fondly of them to this day and is excited when he sees them at games. After all, we are talking about a kid that is still in elementary school.

Despite the incredibly positive experience, this is why I started the club with another father.

1. It was a pain in the [lacrosse] driving all the way from Kennett to Downingtown and it literally took at least an hour one way during rush hour, anyone that has been on 202 at that time can vouch.

2. Kennett Community Teams were stacked at 2022, 2023, and 2024. I believe we could literally field a national caliber club from just one neighborhood, Hartefeld, and play with any team in the country.

3. Parents that disbursed throughout the various local club offerings asked me to start a club team because they thought 2K for a club team was a ridiculous amount of money.

4. I am an entrepeneur, it is in my DNA.

So there you have it. Freedom experience was fantastic, coaching was excellent, and if I had to do it all over again, would. The impetus came solely from the reasons above and nothing more. I was never asked to coach and after coaching 3 of my own kids at the rec level was looking forward to just lounging in my chair, toes in the grass, drinking a beer. I was spent. All of us that have coached football and lacrosse in particular know the feeling. End of the season there is just very little left in the tank. I was never "miffed" simply just glad to be there.

If you are going to state facts might want to get them straight before traversing the libel route.

Can't let it go... if you are so wrong about why I started Brotherly Love and blatantly fabricated the story it does cast some serious credibility on your ascertions that BL is a nefarious cheater and that NXT has reprimanded us. As one of the owners of the club I can tell you we have not been chided and I personally talked to their tournament director and validated our players oscillating from team to team as long as they played "down" was acceptable.

Step out of the shrouds of anonymity and let the truth set you free.
Jonathan Nurry
Brotherly Love, Co-Founder