Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't think FCA is any worse (on a parent level) then any other team. Every parent wants their team to win. The 2026 RR team is very talented and have been playing together for years....probably the best team in the West Chester area at that age group. BTW...I have no dog in this fight as my sons play in a different age group. I will say...and this has been consistent....MD players are more physical at a younger age. Sometimes that does not translate well as they move in to 7th-8th-9th grade levels.
I think the FCA coaches are much worse than other teams. Both the language in general and how often they direct it to opposing benches and players on the field. I agree the parents are no different than any other squad. The 2026 FCA has a stacked defense, but struggles on offense which is why they had so many good matchups with a strong RR attack unit. The fight was between and RR defender and FCA attackman at the end of a heated championship game. Kids lost their cool which is unacceptable but happens and then parents/coaches followed with lots of screaming and yelling but nothing physical and its all in the past now. The teams played again after this (tie game at Platinum Cup) which had no issues and lots of respect form players on both sides. I agree, MD teams are much more physical than PA overall which can swing games at younger ages.